Welcome to our new home - WurstForum.net! I’m really excited to finally have our very own dedicated forum for all things Wurst Client. This is a new beginning for our community, and I'm thrilled to get started here away from all the chaos of Reddit.
We've come a long way since our first days, moving from GitHub to Disqus to Discord to Reddit, and I'm truly grateful for each of you who have stuck with us through every move and every update. WurstForum is not another Big Tech platform that might eventually kick us out, it's our own independent space where we as a community can share, discuss and grow together freely and without restriction.
One of the great things about having our own forum is that we have full control over its features and settings. I've already installed a ton of different plugins that should give us all of the best features from our previous platforms and then some.
- Posts are formatted in markdown, no need to learn old-school forum formats! Even code blocks, drop-down spoilers, and Wurst-colored tables are supported. You can effortlessly upload images by just dragging them into your post or comment.
- We have full set of tags and sub-tags for easy organization. One thread can be in multiple tags at the same time and moving a thread is quick and easy. As the line between questions, bug reports and feature requests is often quite blurry, this nuanced and flexible system should be much more suitable for us.
- In Q&A threads, the author can mark a comment as the best answer, similar to what you might see on question answering sites like StackOverflow and Quora. Also, marking a troubleshooting post as solved doesn't remove it from its other categories (cough Reddit).
- We have emoji reactions! Not quite as powerful as Discord's reactions, but it's something.
- You can follow any thread, user, or tag and get instant email notifications for updates. This is similar to how GitHub does it, but even more customizable.
- Upvotes and downvotes work exactly how they did on Reddit. The "points" counter on your profile page is equivalent to Reddit's "karma". You'll also notice that you have a "best answers" counter next to that and a "badges" tab on the left side. Speaking of that...
- We should be able to make it so that donators, contributors, translators, etc. get special ranks/badges. Maybe we can even make it so that you automatically get a badge when you reach a certain number of points or best answers. I haven't set that up yet, but theoretically all the systems are in place to make that work.
I know there were a couple of weeks between Reddit's demise and the launch of this forum where we didn't have a central place to gather, but I hope you'll find that it was worth the wait to get all of these features. I've put in a lot of work to create a space that is built to last and tailored specifically for us and our needs as a community surrounding the Wurst Client.
That being said, I do expect there to be some growing pains as we get used to the new layout and features of the forum. Please be patient as I work on ironing out any bugs we might encounter. Your feedback is always appreciated, so feel free to point out any issues or suggest improvements in the relevant categories.
I look forward to seeing what you guys will do with this space. WurstForum is here for us, by us. Thank you all for your continued support and for being a part of this community.
Edit: I forgot to mention we also have dark mode. 🌚